Wednesday 9 May 2012

'Covering the Body'

New title for my FMP. Mainly want to use/hide faces in bust shots. I could make this work into something to do with identity, abuse, shame, anxiety, depression etc. The face is used to advertise merchandise and is always 'perfect'/ But what if the face was hidden? Hiding the face takes away identity and speech. After looking at some more artists, I have found some images of painted people and backgrounds so they look like a painting in a photograph, although when another person is placed in the same environment, the effect is very noticeable - but stills plays with your mind. The paint is still very much like Boo Ritsen - which I like. I haven't thought about painting the background as well as the body. I could look into that more... The effect would be really great. I don't know if that is what i want to do anymore........

No comments:

Post a Comment