Thursday 26 January 2012

Painting A Diary

I first came across this idea last week, but having lost my notes I have only just been able to find this particular artist again.
Kayleen West, a dedicated children's writer and illustrator, has decided to start a project which entitles her draw onto a calendar what happens in her days, much like a diary. I'm interested this idea as I have never seen this before, and I love the concept of drawing your plans onto a calendar instead of just writing them down.
West has taken this concept from literal to lateral, by keeping traditional methods of noting and using them to draw pictures i.e using pen. By still using a ballpoint pen for outlines and details, the images still have an essence of note taking by having the appearance of sketching- which may be to  show that the drawings only take a short amount of time to complete. Or it may be to exaggerate the fact that people need to slow down once a day and take time out to participate in an activity that they enjoy.


http://kayleenwest.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment